Washington Acres

Almost 2 months in

Leave a comment

I closed on the house on October 31. Count Dracula did the closing at the title company. Seriously.

The first weekend was spent demoing the bathroom and kitchen. I didn’t like the textured walls in the bathroom and decided new drywall was in order. I’m so glad I started busting out those walls because the terrible mold problem was discovered. So the kitchen came out too.

Since then, we’ve made do with just a utility sink in the kitchen, and eventually a tub and toilet in the bathroom.

The propane stove also proved to be expensive to run and a new ductless heat pump will be installed hopefully tomorrow. We’ve been running a space heater farm since. (I’m scared to see what my electric bill is going to be next month!)

Bathroom work will also continue this weekend, and I plan to start tiling the tub surround next weekend. Shooting for an end-of-January completion!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s